july 8,2018


July 8,2018

            I woke up at 7:00 a.m., to go for a morning hike up Potato Hill, and going up took about thirty minuets, with all the breaks we took. Once I made it to the top, the group, I was with waited for the rest of the people to get to there. when they got to the top we took a group picture with Mt. Adams in the background.

 We got into a little circle and Jacob Billy, he’s one of our leaders, he helps with cooking, and he’ll teach us about the Native culture and tell us stories. He sang us a song that represents the sun and the light.

My favorite part about the hike was going down, because usually I don’t walk down, I slide down the trail, but this time I walked down with a student from Heritage, her name is Maria Lechuga, and I liked it because I like to meet new people and get to know her since we have to spend two weeks together. She told me that it was her first time ever going camping, and she fell down a lot, but we got to talk about the different types of cultures. Everyone started going downhill, once we got to the camp again we started to eat breakfast.

            At 10:15 a.m., everyone got into the vans and went to Camp Chaperrel for showers.

At 1:41 p.m., we met Doug Olney, he works for the Yakama Nation Forest Products. He toured us around camp chaparral, and was showing us about the different types of trees and what makes the tree branches deform. He mentioned that they are in need of new foresters and it’s not only men that become foresters, women can also become foresters. Some of the best foresters he knows are women. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

july 10,2018

july 15,2018