july 7,2018


 July 7, 2018

            When I got to Heritage campus at 8:30 a.m., I loaded all of my bags into the van we are taking to the trip, once I was done with that we waited for about twenty minutes before they started handing out the tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, and air mattress

            At 11:00 a.m., Jonalee Squeochs gave a presentation about the Yakima Nation climate change, I learned that the temperatures in the water effects the salmon, because the salmon can’t swim through hot or warm water. To fix the temperature change in the water they are trying to restore fish habitats so there are shady areas where fish can stay cool when streams get warm.

            At 1:00 p.m. we ate lunch, and took a survey at the same time, the survey was about scientific method. At 2:00 p.m., we finally got into the vans and headed toward Potato Hill.

            We made it to Potato Hill around 5:00 p.m., there is so many mosquitos there. I was trying to put up my tent, but the mosquitos were so bad that I had to go change into sweats and put a long sleeve shirt on. At 7:30 p.m. my group (number 1) started cooking spaghetti. We finally fell asleep around 10:00p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

july 8,2018

july 10,2018

july 15,2018